Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nobody Cares if you Have a Mac!

Just a disclaimer before I begin, I am not a Mac hater or a PC lover or vice verse. Just remember that as you read this post.....

Recently, my office replaced all our computers with brand new ones. This was a well needed upgrade considering that most of the computers we had were still running on Windows XP and a dial-up. They were so old that new software would have just caused them to run even slower than they already were. Because of this my company is upgrading ALL the computers in the ENTIRE company, not just our office. So, you can imagine that this was not an inexpensive upgrade.

My office mate is from California, LA to be exact, which gives her the, "I'm from California and I am amazing! Anything else is just sub-par to where I am from," attitude. We'll just call her Sally (because I really should not mention her name). Often I refer to her as Sally from California just to kind of mock that strange complex that she has. Anyway, Sally from California also has a Mac. Let me be clear again, the company is replacing ALL the computers in the company. This is in no way a cheap expense. You can safely assume that all PC's were purchased because they are less expensive. Could you imagine how much it would have cost to buy everyone Macs? Macs truly are great, but that's also why they are not cheap. Plus, most people are more familiar with PC's. It would have been a logistical nightmare for someone to come in and retrain everyone on how to use a Mac, no matter how easy they are to use. Old habits die hard, you know?
The entire time the IT guy was here installing our BRAND NEW computers with our BRAND NEW Windows 7 software, Sally from California repeatedly said,
"Mac's are better"
"that application is nothing new to me, my Mac already does that"
We had a glitch with the installation of one of the new computers (which is bound to happen when you are installing a large amount of computers) and Sally from California responded with, "I never have this problem, I have a Mac"
"Maybe if they bought us all Mac's we wouldn't have this problem"
"I never get viruses, I have a Mac"
Really Sally from California? Do you have a Mac? Is that what makes you so amazing?

To all self-righteous, pretentious Mac users (not including the humble Mac users, you guys are totally off the hook): we lowly PC users are totally aware that Macs are better than PCs. We know that by owning PCs we are just opening ourselves up to a world of heart break, frustration and trojan horses every time we turn our computers on. Yes, we are aware that we are wasting our time with anti-virus software because in the end, they just won't work and that virus will most surely will get us anyway. If only we were as smart as you and had known better. *sigh* Alas, we are not as amazing as you are. We can only hope that some day we will see the error of our PC using ways and be released from this prison which now holds us captive. One can only hope....
Until that day comes, please refrain from continually reminding us of your superiority because WE DON'T CARE!

No comments: