Saturday, November 22, 2008

Jenny Cakes!


My Freshman year of College I dabbled in Culinary School, at the Art Institute of Colorado in Denver. As fun as it was, I realized that maybe being a professional Chef was not exactly for me. I wasn't really interested in signing my entire life away for my career, plus I enjoy my Sundays and holidays off. One thing that I did gain from Culinary School is cakes. I really enjoyed my bake shop classes and I found that I am semi-talented in the cake making area. I did a cake today for my dear friend Nate Armstrong. I've never really done any cakes for people who aren't friends, but if I had I'm sure it would not be near as special. I think I put more into my cakes when they are for someone that I'm truly friends with.




This has to have been the most enjoyable cake that I have made yet. My favorite thing to do is kind of sit in the background at the weddings and listen to the comments people are making. It's the only way to get an honest opinion.


This is me when I was 19 at cooking school.


1 comment:

Bre said...

WOW! Now I know who to recommend to do wedding cakes! That cake was amazing!! Well done!! -Bre