Monday, August 2, 2010

For School


Some wise guy from the administration at my school has decided that everyone should make an E-Portfolio for themselves so that when they graduate they can go to prospective employers and say, "Hey check out my website and look at some math problems that I did!" And naturally, this prospective employer will say, "Gee golly! I will hire you because you have this nifty website of math problems."
What the administration realized is that it was a really dumb idea after all and they are not going to require it to graduate, but they still wanted every student to participate. Well, if it's not required to graduate, then how will they get anyone to participate?
"Oh, wait, we'll just require it as a part of their grade for any general education class that each student takes and we'll hold the teachers accountable."
Lucky for me, my math teacher does not care if I start my own E-Portfolio website or not so I am posting this on my blog so that I can say I've posted something online.
Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever really asks the students what they think about all these dumb required programs that they think are for our benefit.









3 comments:

Devri said...

Ha Ha. Wait? Is this from Garret or Jenny. I thought Jenny was doing sign language. Who is doing math?

Garret and Jenny Preece said...

It's jenny's, are you kidding. Garret hardly even checks his email like he would post anything on our blog. I have titled the blog like it's "our" blog but I don't eve think he really knows about it....... Turns out I hadn't taken all the required math classes for my major. Lame.

Alisa said...

that's funny!