Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas in Europe part 2: Germany's Philly Cheese Steak


Pretty much the best thing ever to eat would be a Doener Kebab. SO DELICIOUS! A Doener Kebab is your choice of Lamb, Beef, or Chicken (most common is Lamb), cooked on a vertical spit and stuffed in a pita with lettuce tomato, peppers, cabbage and onions and then topped with goat cheese and some special sauce that I have yet to figure out the recipe for. It is the most delicious thing ever and I have the official approval of that from my brother in-law who is the pickiest eater ever. If he likes it, it must be good. The entire trip to Germany, I craved one of these. It is just a shame that they don't make these here in the US.

2 comments:

Rainee said...

Sounds yummy. :)

Unknown said...

I'm jelous Jenny, I've been craving a doner for a very very long time